Neer dosa is a Mangalorean breakfast. Neer means water in Mangalore language Tulu. They can be served with different kinds of chutneys, veg and non veg curries too. Kids like to eat dosa with sugar. A popular mangalore delicacy is Neer dosa with Mangalore chicken ghee roast.
Preparation time : 5 hours of soaking of rice
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- 1 cup dosa rice ( soak the rice for 4 to 5 hours)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- salt to taste.
- Wash and drain the soaked rice.
- In a blender add rice, coconut and 1 /4 cup water and grind till smooth.
- Pour the batter in a deep bowl and add enough water to make the batter very thin and flowing consistency.
- Heat the pan, grease with oil and pour the batter very thin and light. Close the lid.
- Cook for few seconds, remove it and keep separately. Stack them when cooled.
- Do not stack them up when they are hot beacause they get stuck to each other.
We have a collection of south Indian breakfast recipes such as