This is a south Indian dish usually made for breakfast. A variety of paniyaram can be made using different veggies and spices. Here is how it is made in b2d. It can be served with Chutney
Preperation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
Makes : 18
- Idli/Dosa batter 3 cups
- vegetables – carrot and capsicum -1 cup (finely chopped)
- onion – 1
- finely chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder – a little
- salt to taste
- mustard seeds , urid dal and curry leaves for tempering
Step 1: heat oil in a kadai. Crackle mustard seeds. Add urid dal and curry leaves. After a while, add onion and ginger. Saute until onion turns translucent
step 2: Add veggies. Sprinkle required salt and stir fry for 2 minutes in medium flame. Add chilli and turmeric powders. Remove from flame.
step 3:Mix the veggies with the batter well.
step 4: Heat the paniyaram pan, grease it with oil and pour batter into each shallow.
Step 5:Flip and cook until golden on both sides.