Here is one more delicious chicken snack recipe. The masala is same as of Chicken cutlet. Adding shredded mozzarella cheese to these , makes it even more delicious.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 25 cheese chicken balls
- Boneless chicken – 500 gms
- Salt – salt to taste ( to cook chicken and to prepare masala)
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Onion- 1 large, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic green chilly paste – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- Lime juice – of 1/2 lime
- Potato – 1 large
- Mozarella cheese – 1/2 cup, shredded ( or as per your wish)
For coating :
- Maida ( all purpose flour ) – 1 cup
- Egg – 2
- Breadcrumbs – 1.5 cups
- Salt – a pinch
- Wash and clean the chicken. Add salt, turmeric powder and cook the chicken. Shred them and keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes.
- In a fry pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute onion till they turn translucent. Then add ginger garlic green chilly paste. ( You can also add 2 finely chopped green chilles and 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste) . Saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Then add pepper powder, garam masala powder and saute for a minute. then add the shredded chicken and salt. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and lime juice. Mix very well and switch off the flame.
- In a large bowl, mash the boiled potatoes very well. add the chicken masala and mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Apply oil on the palm and make small balls.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl . Keep breadcrumbs in another bowl . Take maida in a bowl and add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Coat the chicken balls in the maida , then dip in the egg, then coat well with breadcrumbs. Follow this step for all the chicken balls.
- Deep fry these chicken balls on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
- You can even cook these in the paniyaram pan. Add little oil to the paniaram pan and cook these balls on low to medium heat. turn them ocassionally till all sides turns golden brown.
Enjoy these cheesy chicken balls with your favorite dips. 🙂