Mixed sauce pasta, also known as pink sauce pasta recipe is here. Many of us like red sauce pasta and some like white sauce. Well, here is a mixture of both red and white sauce. Just imagine! It tastes heavenly. You can make plain or adds some veggies and chicken. Its just too delicious to resist.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 – 15 minutes
Serves : 4
Pasta of your choice – 2 cups
For red sauce :
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic – 4 cloves , finely chopped
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Small Mushrooms – 4, thinly sliced
- Broccoli – few, blanched
- Capsicum – 1/4 th, thinly sliced
- Tomato – 2 , large
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon or more
- Chilly flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
For white sauce :
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- All purpose flour – 2 teaspoons
- Milk – 3/4 th cup
- Fresh cream – 2 tablespoons
At the end :
- Mozzarella cheese/ parmesan cheese/ cheese slices – as per taste
- Chilly flakes – to garnish
- Parsley leaves – to garnish, finely chopped
Boil the pasta in enough water, drain and keep aside.
Red sauce :
- Boil the tomatoes for 6 -7 minutes, make puree and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add garlic, saute for a minute.
- Add onions and saute till translucent.
- Then add mushrooms and saute well till they shrink.
- Then add broccoli, capsicum and saute.
- Add salt, pepper, chilli flakes, oregano and saute for few seconds.
- Next add tomato puree, ketchup mix well ,close n cook for 5 minutes on low flame. Switch off the flame.
Make white sauce :
- Heat butter in a sauce pan, when melts add flour and whisk well to form a lump free paste.
- When the color changes to very light brown, add milk little by little and whisk well.
- Add all the milk , mix well till sauce thicken.
- Next add cream, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Switch on the red sauce, add white sauce , mix well.
- Add cheese and boiled pasta.
- Mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes. Mixed sauce pasta is ready.
Garnish it with parsley leaves, chilli flakes and cheese ( optional ) and serve hot.
For chicken pasta,
Boil the chicken with little salt and pepper. Shred them and add before adding tomato puree to the red sauce.
Also have a look at our other pasta recipes like
If you like our recipes then tag us in instagram @b2d_plate