Rich, chocolatey and delicious brownie, here is a my go to brownie recipe made with cocoa powder. This recipe is so simple that even my kids enjoy baking this, as well as Chocolate cake. These both are my kids’ all time favorites. Sometimes I spread Nutella ganache to give a glossy look and of course it makes it even richer and chocolatey.
Many homemade brownie recipes require you to melt chocolate, but this recipe do not need. This recipe uses simple ingredients, just mix together and bake. No chopping , no melting chocolates. So this is not a fudgy brownie as no baking chocolates added. These brownies will be slightly moist and go well with icecream.
This recipe was shared by Hadiya, who herself is an expert in baking and a professional home baker. Do checkout her instagram page _.cakedup._ She weighs the ingredients and uses but lazy me just take cup measurements and proceed. I made little changes to her original recipe. I have added few chocochips on top too.
- Butter – 200gms, softened
- Sugar – 1.75 cups
- Eggs – 4
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Cocoa powder – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips – a handful ( optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Greese the baking dish with butter or place a butter / baking paper.
- Add softened butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and beat well till sugar is dissolved.
- Then add eggs and beat well for couple of minutes.
- Then add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla essence & mix with spoon/ spatula till well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, sprinkle chocolate chips and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes with moist crumbs attached.
- If baked more it will turn very dry. These 30 – 35 minutes will be more than enough to get that chewy and moist brownies.
- Let the brownies cool down and then cut them into squares.
You may also like other cake recipes such as