Egg toast, a simple & quick breakfast/ snack which is made with egg and bread. Basically bread slices are dipped in egg mixture and shallow fried on both sides.
This egg toast brings back my childhood memories. Once in a while, egg toast used to be our Sunday breakfast & I used to eagerly wait for such Sunday breakfasts. Well now I make them whenever I want. Its my hubby’s favourite too 🙂
Preparation time : 2 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Serves : 2
- Egg – 3
- Bread – 4 slices, cut into triangles
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Green chilly – 2, slit into halves or finely chopped
- Capsicum – few, finely chopped (optional)
- Coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Break open the eggs in a bowl , beat well with fork.
- Add onion, capsicum, coriander leaves, salt, turmeric & mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Dip the bread triangles in the egg mixture and shallow fry on both sides till cooked.
Super simple egg toast is ready to serve 🙂
Have a look at our other bread/ sandwich recipes such as