A quick recipe that is also ideal for lunch /tiffin box. If you have leftover chapathi , then its an added advantage! Just make your favorite kind of omelette – whisk the eggs , throw in your favorite veggies (like mushroom,capsicum, grated carrot, grated potatoes), season it with basic spices (pepper,salt) . you can even add some grated cheese to make it cheesy omelette chapathi. Or you can make a plain omelette with just pepper and salt. The choice is yours. Here ,I am sharing a basic recipe. Have a look!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
- Chapathi dough – 2 balls
- egg – 1
- onion – 1/4 chopped
- tomato – 1/4 chopped
- green chilly – 1/2 chopped
- ginger – a small piece chopped
- pepper powder – a little
- salt – as needed
- coriander leaves
- Prepare chapathi and keep it ready
- Break open an egg and whisk it. Add chopped onion, tomato , green chilly , ginger , pepper powder , salt . Combine very well.
- Heat ghee / butter in a pan . Pour half of the egg mixture . Cook on medium / low flame (for a couple of minutes).Put chapathi on top and flip it over.
- Repeat the same with the remaining egg mixture.
Serve it hot with tomato sauce.
Have a look at these egg recipes too –