This is one of the varieties of stuffed parathas . The kheema paratha has either chicken or mutton filling in it.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3
- Shredded chicken – 1 cup (cooked with pepper and salt)
- onion – 1
- green chilly – 1
- Ginger- garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- curry leaves
- garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chicken tandoori powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Atta / wheat flour – 3 cups
- Heat oil in a pan , saute curry leaves and onions. When the onions become translucent, add ginger-garlic paste and green chilly. Add the shredded chicken and all the masala powders. Saute well. Remove from the flame.
- In a mixing bowl, take wheat flour. Add salt and 1 teaspoon oil. Knead using water to a soft dough.
- Make balls. Roll out 2 of them. (Make sure to keep the middle part of the rolled roti a little bit more thicker compared to the edges. Put 1-2 teaspoon of the prepared kheema masala at the centre of one of the rolled roti. Cover it up with the other. Now roll it out together.
- Heat a pan. Fry the roti by flipping on both the sides. Add a little ghee/butter. Serve hot with dahi and pickle
Click me for other roti/ paratha recipes at b2d