Here we share another recipe of upma ;this time made using oats . A very healthy way to kickstart your day. It’s ideal for tiffin/lunch box too.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves – 2
- Oats (instant quacker) – 1 cup
- onion finely chopped – 1/2
- carrot finely chopped – 1/2
- Green peas – 2 tablespoon
- Capsicum finely chopped – 1/4
- ginger – 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- coconut grated – 2 tablespoon
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4/ teaspoon
- Green chilly – 2 (or according to your spice level)
- Jeera, mustard seeds, urad dhal, curry leaves for seasoning/spluttering
Step 1: Roast Oats for a few minutes until aroma comes. Keep it aside.
Step 2: Heat oil in a kadai, splutter mustard seed, jeera , urad dhal, curry leaves. Add green chilly and ginger and saute.
Step 3 : Add onions and saute well. Add carrots, peas, capsicum one by one and saute well. Add turmeric powder, salt and a little water. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes
Step 4: Now add 1/4 cup of water (for 1 cup of oats). When the water starts boiling, add the roasted oats. Simmer and mix well.
Step 5 : Finally, add grated coconut and lime juice. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Note : You can always add in any of your favourite veg.
Click me for more upma recipes at b2d!