Hara masala or green paste comes in handy just like ginger garlic paste. This green paste can be used for veg and non veg curries, Biriyani as well. This paste can be stored in freezer for upto a month. You just need to saute onion, add this paste in the place of ginger garlic paste, continue with other ingredients, add veg or non veg, add cream or coconut milk or yoghurt. There you go with quick and tasty curry. So the recipe of this staple green paste is here.
- Coriander leaves – 1 big bunch
- Mint leaves – 1/4 th of a bunch
- Green chillies – 10 – 15
- Ginger – 2 inch long
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Coriander seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Fennel seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Dry roast coriander seeds and fennel seeds in a pan. Let it cool.
- Then add all ingredients along with dry roasted seeds and blend them to a smooth fine paste . Add little water just enough to make a paste. Green paste is ready to use.
- After sauting onion, add this paste and saute till oil oozes out and raw smell disappears. Then continue with other ingredients for the dish.
- Store it in small container so that you need not thaw all the paste and use one container at a time.