One of our favorite snacks is egg puffs. Many prepare with plain egg , just salt and pepper on it and bake. I prefer to prepare a dry masala to fill the puffs. Its simple and tastes better too. Egg puff with ketchup reminds me my school days. There was a bakery named “vas bakery” near my school in Mangalore, they used to serve the best egg puffs and cream buns. Those days that bakery was our celebration point. Well, my recipe is here 🙂
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Puff pastry sheets – 6
- Egg – 3 for puffs + 1 for brushing over the puffs
- Onion – 1, thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 1 , finely chopped
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Boil the eggs. Remove the shells. Cut them into halves.
- Remove the puff pastry sheets from freezer and thaw at room temperature for few minutes.
- In a pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil, saute the onion for a minute. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and saute for a minute. Then add all spice powders , salt and saute till for couple of minutes.
- Then keep the eggs in this masala. cook for few seconds. Flip the eggs. Switch off the flame.
- In a small bowl, beat one raw egg white and little water and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 200 – 210 degrees.
- Take a pastry sheet, keep some masala in the middle, then egg, fold to desired shape, brush over with beaten egg. Follow this step for all the sheets.
Bake these in the preheated oven at 210 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- To get the perfect golden color, I switch on the grill mode for last 5 minutes. ( Optional )
The flaky, crispy n tasty egg puff is ready to serve.
We have more collections of Snacks recipes too!