One of the popular Italian dish which can be prepared using either chicken or meat. I haven’t tried veg version, but I personally liked meat lasagna than chicken. The best thing about Lasagna is its ideal dish u can add in menu for parties, get togethers because it has to prepared in bulk and it has alot of cheese!! Share your lasagna so you can share the calories too. 🙂
I have not used ricotta cheese in this recipe. This lasagna is prepared with ingredients usually available at home.
Cooking time : 1 hour
Serves : 5-6
- Lasagna sheets – 1 packet
- Cheddar & mozzarella cheese – 2 cups or as per your wish , shredded
For meat filling :
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Minced meat – 500 gms or more
- Onion – 2 large, finely chopped
- Garlic – 6-8 cloves, finely chopped
- Pepper powder – 2 teaspoons
- chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon ( optional)
- Tomato paste – 4 tablespoons
- Parsley or coriander leaves – 1 cup , finely chopped
- Oregano- 1 tablespoon
- Cook the lasagna sheets as per the instruction in the packet or like pasta till its 3/4th cooked, in enough water. Drain them and keep aside.
- In a cooker or pan, heat oil, add onion and garlic, saute till they turn translucent. Then add minced meat and saute for a while.
- Then add tomato paste, salt, pepper, chili flakes and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water and let it cook till done.
- Then add finely chopped parsley or coriander leaves, oregano and mix well. The consistency should be like semi gravy/ thin. Add water if needed, boil for 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven for 180 degrees.
- Take a baking dish, spread little of meat filling at the bottom then place the cooked lasagna sheets on them.
- spread generous amount of meat filling on the sheets.
- Sprinkle cheeses on the filling.
- Keep the lasagna sheets on top of cheese, spread filling, then cheese and repeat this till cheese as the last layer.
- Spread some oil on the aluminium foil and cover the baking dish with it keeping the oil side facing the cheese layer. ( so that cheese doesn’t get stuck to the foil).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then broil for 10 minutes to get the golden crust on top.
Meat lasagna is ready to serve. 🙂