One of the popular Italian dish which can be prepared using either chicken or meat. I haven’t tried veg version, but I personally liked meat lasagna than chicken. The best thing about Lasagna is its ideal dish u can add in menu for parties, get togethers because it has to prepared in bulk and it has alot of cheese!! Share your lasagna so you can share the calories too. 🙂
I have not used ricotta cheese in this recipe. This lasagna is prepared with ingredients usually available at home.
Cooking time : 1 hour
Serves : 5-6
Lasagna sheets – 1 packet
Cheddar & mozzarella cheese – 2 cups or as per your wish , shredded
For meat filling :
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Minced meat – 500 gms or more
Onion – 2 large, finely chopped
Garlic – 6-8 cloves, finely chopped
Pepper powder – 2 teaspoons
chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon ( optional)
Tomato paste – 4 tablespoons
Parsley or coriander leaves – 1 cup , finely chopped
Oregano- 1 tablespoon
- Cook the lasagna sheets as per the instruction in the packet or like pasta till its 3/4th cooked, in enough water. Drain them and keep aside.
- In a cooker or pan, heat oil, add onion and garlic, saute till they turn translucent. Then add tomato paste. saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add pepper, salt, minced meat, chilli flakes, mix well . add 1/4th cup of water and cook till done.
- Then add finely chopped parsley or coriander leaves, oregano and mix well. The consistency should be like semi gravy/ thin. Add water if needed, boil for 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven for 180 degrees.
- Take a baking dish, place the cooked lasagna sheets as the base.
- spread generous amount of meat filling on the sheets.
- Sprinkle generous amount of both cheeses on the filling.
- Keep the lasagna sheets on top of cheese, spread filling, then cheese and repeat this till cheese as the last layer.
- Spread some oil on the aluminium foil and cover the baking dish with it keeping the oil side facing the cheese layer. ( so that cheese doesn’t get stuck to the foil).
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Or till cheese melts.
Meat lasagna is ready to serve. 🙂