Here is the recipe for rajma/ kidney bean salad in tomato dressing. Its simple and tasty too. You can replace the kidney bean with chick peas, corn etc.
Preparation time : 5 -6 hours soaking
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
- Rajma/ kidney bean – 1.5 cups
- Onion – 1 small, chopped
- Tomato – 1 small, chopped
- Cucumber – 1 , chopped
- Carrots – 1, grated
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
For dressing :
- Tomato – 1, medium sized, chopped
- Coriander leaves – few
- Green chilly – 1
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Lime – 1, juice
- Soak the rajma for 5- 6 hours or overnight.
- Wash and drain the soaked rajma.
- Cook rajma till soft. Add little salt while cooking rajma.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
Prepare dressing :
- Add all ingredients listed under dressing into the blender and blend them coarsely. Keep aside.
Prepare salad :
- In a large bowl add chopped onions, tomato, cucumber, carrot, tomato dressing, salt, olive oil and mix well.
- Next add rajma and toss gently.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and serve.
You may also like our other salad recipes such as