Pol Roti is a Sri Lankan coconut roti. That is, it’s a flat bread made with wheat flour and coconut. it is a very aromatic and delicious bread. Traditionally, the rotis are spread with hand . here, I used a rolling pin to flatten the rotis.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
- Wheat flour (atta) – 2 cups
- fresh shredded coconut – 3/4 cup
- green chilli – 3
- onion – 1 finely chopped
- curry leaves – a few, finely chopped
- ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Blend the coconut and green chillies together in a small mixer until they are well combined
- In a mixing bowl, take the atta, onion , curry leaves , ground coconut- green chillies mixture, ghee and salt. Add water gradually to knead into a fine dough
- Make small lemon sized ball. Flatten each into desired size roti.
- now heat a frying pan, cook the rotis on both the sides by flipping it over until it turns nice golden color.
Serve it hot as it is or with any left over salan.
Note : Make sure to finely chop all the ingredients; otherwise the dough tends to break while flattening it out.
You may also like our other roti recipes –