Chicken Pakora is a very simple savory snack similar to onion pakora. You can call it non-veg version of onion pakora . Shredded chicken is added to onion pakora batter. whisked egg is added just before frying. Have a look at the recipe
- Chicken shredded – 1 cup
- onion – 1 medium
- green chilly – 1
- curry leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- red chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- chaat masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- gram / besan flour – 1/3 cup
- cornflour – 1 tablespoon
- egg – 1
Pre – preparation :-
- For shredded chicken, you may use leftover chicken pieces from gravy. If not , Cook chicken with 1 teaspoon soya sauce , 1/4 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste , 1/2 teaspoon pepper ,salt . Later, shred it into slightly bigger pieces.
- Thinly slice the onion. Finely chop the green chilly , curry leaves and coriander leaves.
To prepare chicken pakora :-
- Take a mixing bowl. Transfer the shredded chicken , sliced onion , chopped green chilly , coriander leaves and curry leaves. Mix it
- Now add in red chilly powder , turmeric powder , chaat masala powder , besan powder , cornflour ,salt. Combine well. (do not add water)
- Just before frying , whisk an egg and add . mix well. (if the mix is watery, then you may add a little more besan powder)
- Heat oil in a kadai. Take a handful at a time and drop it in hot oil. deep fry until golden brown .
The delicious Chicken Pakora is ready . You may serve it with ketchup .
You may also like –
- Cheesy potato tikkis
- Egg Bajji / Egg Pakora
- Cheesy chicken balls
- Golibaje Mangalore bonda
- Paneer nuggets
- Chicken fingers