Macaroni Pola is a delicious dish with macaroni in malabar style. You may also call it macaroni cake / pancake / pizza !!! Pasta is everybody’s favorite and this is an interesting variety delicacy compared to normal pasta dishes. Cooked macaroni , chicken masala and eggs are combined well , which is then slow cooked on low flame on a pan.This can be served as an appetizer or snack . It is one of the favorite Iftar dishes too !
- macaroni – 3/4 cup
- eggs – 4
- milk – 1/4 cup + 1tbsp
- pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- grated carrot/capsicum – to garnish
- mozzarella cheese – as needed
For Chicken masala :-
- chicken breast- 200 gms
- onion – 2 big
- green chilly – 1
- curry leaves – 4
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- coriander leaves – to garnish
- cut and clean chicken breast. boil it with 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt until chicken is cooked. cool it down. Shred it and keep it ready.
- Finely chop the onions, green chilly, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Heat enough water in a pot. Once it starts boiling, add 3/4 cup macaroni ,salt. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain the excess water. Run cold water over it so that macaroni don’t stick to one another. Keep it aside.
To make chicken masala :-
- Heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a pan. saute chopped onions until it turns soft. Then add curry leaves and ginger garlic paste. saute until raw smell disappears. Next add green chilly.
- Add in spice powders – coriander powder , turmeric powder and garam masala powder. mix it well. add lime juice and salt. Combine it well.
- Add in shredded chicken. Mix well and keep on low flame for 2-3 minutes. garnish with coriander leaves and remove from the flame.
To make Macaroni pola / pancake :-
- Once the chicken masala is ready , add cooked macaroni to it. Combine it very well.
- In a bowl, break open eggs. add milk, salt and pepper. beat it well. Pour this over macaroni – chicken mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan. grease it with a spoon of oil/butter. Pour the prepared macaroni mixture. Garnish it with grated carrot /capsicum. Top it up with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on low flame for about 15-20 minutes.
- Switch off the heat. Macaroni pola/pancake is ready.
Transfer pola/pancake carefully from the pan to a serving plate. Cut it into desired size and shape. Serve it hot and enjoy !!
You may also like these recipes –
- Chicken Casserole
- One pot chicken pasta soup
- Creamy pasta salad
- Chicken Macaroni
- Pasta in creamy sauces
- Pumpkin pasta