A healthy chickpea avocado salad loaded with veggies, herbs and cheese is a great option when you wish to keep your dinner simple yet healthy and filling. This salad is one of my favorite chilled salads. The salad is also a perfect ‘go-to ‘ dish for a get together or picnic or any such occasions.
- Chickpea – 3/4 cup
- avocado – 1 small
- cucumber – 1
- Onion – 1
- tomato – 1
- Feta cheese -1-2 tablespoon
For salad dressing:
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoon
- Lime juice – 3 tablespoon
- vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- crushed peppercorns – 1/4 teaspoon
- Parsley leaves – 1-2 teaspoon
- Soak chickpeas overnight (or around 4-5 hrs) . Drain and cook in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles on medium flame. Let it cool. Drain off the excess water and keep it ready.
- Finely dice cucumber , tomato, avocado. Finely slice onion. In a bowl, mix all these.
- Add cooked chickpeas and diced/crumbled feta cheese to the above bowl.
- Prepare salad dressing in a separate bowl by combining all the ingredients mentioned under “for salad dressing“.
- Just before serving, toss chickpea-avocado mixture in salad dressing and serve!!
Have a look at other salad recipes –
- Watermelon feta salad
- Russian Salad
- Creamy pasta salad
- Grilled chicken salad
- Crunchy Peanut Salad
- Sweet Corn Salad