Here is a recipe of indo Chinese vegetable fried rice. Left over rice also can be used for this quick recipe. Ideal for lunch box too. Serve it with any veg or non veg Chinese dry starter.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 large , finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch, finley chopped
- Garlic – 6 cloves, finely chopped
- Beans – few, chopped
- Carrot – 1, chopped
- Capsicum – 1. chopped
- Cabbage – little, chopped
- Spring onion – few, chopped ,
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 2 tablespoons
- Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- Cook rice and keep aside.
- In a large wok( kadai/saucepan ), heat oil.
- Add chopped ginger ,garlic and saute for a minute.
- Then add onions and saute well for few seconds.
- Add all veggies, salt and saute till they are cooked yet crispy.
- Next add pepper powder, soya sauce, vinegar. Mix well on high flame.
- Then add coked rice and toss it well.
- Close the lid and keep on slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion.
Vegetable fried rice is ready to serve with any Starter of your choice 🙂
Check our other Rice Dishes too!
- You can use left over rice for the same recipe. Skip the cooking rice part and rest of the recipe remains same.
- Jeera rice can be used instead of basmati rice. Only change is do not soak the jeera rice. You can also cook Ghee rice and prepare the fried rice.