Coconut chutney is a Southern Indian chutney-side-dish and condiment, a common in the Indian subcontinent. The condiment is made with fresh grated cocnut and other ingredients such as green chillies and coriander. It is usually served for breakfasts like idli/dosa or snacks like Mangalore buns|Banana poori|Banana buns.
Serves : 4
- Fresh grated coconut – 1 cup
- Onion – a small piece
- Green chillies – 1 or 2
- Ginger – 1/4 inch
- Tamarind – little
- Salt – to taste.
- Put all the ingredients in blender, add little water and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer it into a bowl.
- Prepare tadka. Heat oil in a pan, add 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, when pops, add few curry leaves.
- Add this tadka to the chutney.
A simple coconut chutney is ready.
You can add few coriander leaves while grinding to give green colour to the chutney.
Have a look at our other chutney recipes such as
- Kabsa tomato chutney
- Raw Mango Chutney (khatti meethi)
- Green chutney/ dip for snacks
- Tomato chutney
- Garlic chutney