This one is another quick Indian breakfast recipes which can be eaten alone or with banana or even some chutney.
Preaparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Fine rava ( semolina) – 1 cup
- Oil – 4 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger – 1/2 inch, finely chopped
- Curry leaves- few
- Green chilly – 2 , finely chopped
- Onion – 1/2 , finely chopped
- Water – 3 cups
- Sugar -1/2 teaspoon
- Salt -1/2 teaspoon ( or as per taste)
- Lemon juice -1/2
- Dry roast the rava in a pan on medium to low flame for 5 minutes, till you get good aroma.
- Stir often while roasting the rava. Do not burn the rava.
- Switch off the flame and place the roasted rava on a plate and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, saute till mustard seeds splutter.
- Then add green chilly, curry leaves, ginger, onion and saute well for 1 minute.
- Then add 3 cups of water, salt, sugar, lime juice.
- When the water starts boiling, lower the flame and add roasted rava slowly and stirring water continously in another hand.
- Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Stir well till rava absorbs the water.
- Close the lid . Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Rava upma is ready.
Serve upma with chutney or banana.
You may also like our other upma recipes such as