This one is another quick Indian breakfast recipes which can be eaten alone or with banana or even some chutney.
Preaparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup fine rava (semolina)
- 2 tspns of ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 slit green chillies
- 6 to 7 curry leaves
- 1/4 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 of small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 of small tomato finely chopped ( Can also add finely chopped veggies)
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
- pinch of sugar
- few drops of lemon juice ( sugar and lemon juice are optional).
In a pan dry roast the rava in medium to low flame for 5 minutes, till you get good aroma. Stir often while roasting the rava. Do not burn the rava. Switch off the flame and place the roasted rava on a plate and keep aside.
In a pan heat ghee, add mustard seeds. After mustard seeds crackle, add green chilly, curry leaves, onion and saute well for 1 minute. Then add tomato and saute till soft. Then add 2 cups of water, salt, sugar, lime juice. When the water starts boiling , lower the flame and add roasted rava slowly and stirring continously. Stir well for 1 minute. Close the lid . Leave it for 1 minutes. Open the lid and stir well.
Serve upma with chutney or banana.