Neer dosa is a Mangalorean breakfast. Neer means water in Mangalore language Tulu. They can be served with different kinds of chutneys, veg and non veg curries too. Kids like to eat dosa with sugar. A popular mangalore delicacy is Neer dosa with Mangalore chicken ghee roast.
Preparation time : 5 hours of soaking of rice
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- 1 cup dosa rice ( soak the rice for 4 to 5 hours)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- salt to taste.
- Wash and drain the soaked rice.
- In a blender add rice, coconut and 1 /4 cup water and grind till smooth.
- Pour the batter in a deep bowl and add enough water to make the batter very thin and flowing consistency.
- Heat the pan, grease with oil and pour the batter very thin and light. Close the lid.
- Cook for few seconds, remove it and keep separately. Stack them when cooled.
- Do not stack them up when they are hot beacause they get stuck to each other.
We also prepare sweet version of neerdosa by stuffing it with sweet coconut filling. Mix some fresh grated coconut with jaggery or sugar & place In the middle of neer dosa and roll it. Add some nuts to make it taste better. This used to be & still my favorite snack. It holds lots of fond childhood memories!
We have a collection of south Indian breakfast recipes such as