Here is the recipe of mushroom pulao.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 250 grams mushrooms
- 1 cups basmati rice ( Jeera rice also can be used in this recipe)
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- Few mint leaves , chopped
- Few coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green chilly, slitted ( add 2 to 3 for more spice)
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- salt to taste
- Soak basmati rice for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a cooker, heat 1 tablespoon oil/ghee, add onion and saute well till light golden brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add green chilly, mint leaves, coriander leaves , tomato and saute for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, garam masala powder, salt and saute well for a minute.
- Then add sliced mushrooms and saute for few seconds.
- To this add washed and drained rice and gently saute for a minute.
- Then add 2 cups of hot water. Mix gently and close the lid.
- Cook on medium to high heat. After 1 whistle switch off the flame.
- Let the pressure settle. Open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork .
- Mushroom pulao is ready to serve.