This is a vegetarian curry that goes with a variety of south Indian dishes like dosa, idli, paniyaram, vada etc
Preparation time : 1 hour
1. Vegetables – potato ,carrot, lady finger, drumstick, beans etc
2. Toor dal – 1/2 a Cup
3. Onion – 1 , garlic- 3 cloves, small cut ginger- 1/2 teaspoon
4. Tomato – 1
5. 1-2 tablespoon of sambar powder
6. Tamarind water – 3 tablespoon
7. Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
8. Mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves
Step 1:Boil the dal in a cooker for 2 whistles.
Step 2: Then boil the veggies ( except lady finger and drumstick) with turmeric and salt.
Step 3:In a pot , heat oil, sputter mustard seeds, jeera, garlic, ginger, curry leaves.
Step 4: Add onions, tomatoes and saute . Add remaining veggies and salt. Add little water.Let it boil.
Step 5:Add the previously cooked dal+ veggies mixture.
Step 6: Add tamarind water, sambar powder. Adjust salt.
Finish it off with coriander leaves .
(I add little ketchup and a teaspoon of sugar. I like the resulting taste)
Click Me for more veg gravy recipes at b2d!