Nankhatai are shortbread cookies or biscuits . These traditional Indian cookies are melt-in-mouth sweet delicacy that can be easily prepared at home. There are a lot of variation of nankhatai. Here, I share the recipe that I have tried umpteen number of times and is everyone’s (my family, friends, neighbours) favourite. Easiest recipe ever.
Preparation time :15 minutes
Baking time : 20 minutes
- All purpose flour- 2 cups
- Vegetable ghee / dalda – 1 cup
- Rava/semolina – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts – 20- 25
- Take 3/4 cup sugar . Powder it. (else the dough won’t be smooth)
- Crush the Cashew nuts . (I felt this was the easy method to crush – ie, placing the cashew nuts in a zip lock bag and crushing )
To prepare the dough :-
- Take a mixing bowl . Transfer all purpose flour , powdered sugar , rava and baking powder. Give it a mix.Then add in the crushed cashew nuts. Mix it.
- Finally, add vegetable ghee / dalda . Knead it to a smooth dough. Roll it into balls of desired size . Place it on a baking tray. (Make sure to leave some space as nankhatai expand a bit while baking)
To bake the nankhatai :-
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees . Bake it for about 20 minutes or until crack appears and color slightly changes .
The Delicious Nankhatai is ready !!! Have it for any special occasion like Eid or get together with friends , or chit – chatting with neighbours !
You may also like these sweet / savory recipes –
- Dates Cake
- Cashewnut Fry- (Eid Special)
- Chocolate barfi
- Crunchy egg
- Biscuit Roti
- Basic crepe
- Egg – Banana twist