Sheer khurma is a vermicelli pudding usually prepared during festivals.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
- 1/2 litre milk
- 1/2 cup vermicelli / seviyan
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Few sliced cashewnuts, almonds, pistachios and raisins
- Heat ghee in a saucepan, fry almonds, cashewnuts, pistachios till turns slightly brown.
- Remove them and keep aside. T
- hen add raisins and fry for few seconds, remove them and keep aside.
- Then fry the vermicelli in same saucepan and saute till they turn golden brown. Keep the fried vermicelli aside.
- In a separate vessel, boil the milk and add fried vermicelli. Lower the flame and let it cook and thicken for 5 minutes. Then add sugar and stir.
- Then add all fried nuts. Add a pinch of cardomom powder and stir.
- Switch off the flame and Serve.
Note : Add sugar according to taste.
Dates can be added for sweetness
You may also like our other dessert recipes!