In this recipe eggs are break opened directly into saucepan while cooking masala. Egg drop masala can be served with rice, roti etc.
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 3
- 4 eggs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- few chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- In a deep saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, add chopped onion and saute till slightly golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes and add tomatoes.
- Saute till they turn soft and then add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Saute well for 1 minute and add 1/2 cup water and mix well.
- When the gravy starts boiling, break open the eggs into bowl one by one and slowly pour into the gravy. And continue doing same for all the eggs, keeping distance between the eggs while pouring.
- Turn the heat to slow – medium flame, cover the pan with lid and cook for 10 minutes or till eggs gets cooked.
- Flip the cooked eggs slowly and cook for 1 minute.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve the egg curry.