It is a variation dish of popularly known Haleem which is authentically from Hyderabad. It is a complete meal .Hence does not require any side dishes.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 2 hours
serves – 3
- 5 types of dal – toor , chana , urad , moong , masoor – 1/4 cup each
- rice – 1/2 cup (I used basmati rice)
- boneless mutton – 1/2 kg
- onions – 2
- ginger-garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Chilly powder -1 tablespoon (or according to your spice level)
- coriander powder – 3/4 tablespoon
- turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- yoghurt – 1 cup
- lemon juice – 1 table spoon
- whole garam masala – a few
- shahi jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew nut and raisins – a few
- coriander and mint leaves – a small bunch
- Deep fry an onion until golden brown. Also fry cashewnut and raisins. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan .(Slow cooking is better as it results in better taste .Alternatively, you can cook in pressure cook too). add clove, cinnamon , bay leaf (whole garam masala).saute one onion. Let it turn brown . Add ginger-garlic paste .saute well. Add mutton and salt. Also add in coriander and mint leaves. Leave for 2 minutes . Now add chilly powder , coriander powder , turmeric powder , garam masala powder and shahi jeera powder.saute well . Add yoghurt and lemon juice . Mix well. Add 2 glasses of water and cook till meat is well done.
- Cook all the dal and rice in another pot with salt and turmeric powder. It should be well cooked (so that you don’t need to mash them)
- Now add cooked meat mixture to the rice and dal pot . mix well.
- Sim cook for 10 mintues .Garnish with fried onions, cashews and raisins
Check out these rice recipes too –