This Italian Dish is an all-time favorite of both kids and adults alike. A wide variety of pizza can be made by making variations in the ingredients and the toppings. Once you prepare the dough, you can either make large pizza or mini pizza, thin crust or stuff crust etc. You can even give it a better look by making PIZZA CUPS.
All you have to do is, roll out pizza dough into small circles, spread your favorite sauce , place it in muffin baking tray; fill it with veggies and chicken, top it with cheese and bake it !!!
Here we share the recipe of how the pizza base and fillings are done at b2d!!
Preparation time : 15 minutes + 2 hour for dough
Baking time : 15-20 minutes
Serves – 3
For chicken filling:-
- boneless chicken – 250 grams (cut into bite size pieces)
- chilli powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 2 pinch
- yoghurt/ curd – 2 tablespoon
- ginger-garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- tomato ketchup – 1 tablespoon
- thai chilly sauce – 1 tablespoon
- oregano – 1/4 teaspoon
- butter -1 tablespoon
For pizza base :-
- All purpose flour(maida) – 2 cup
- yeast – 2 teaspoon
- sugar – 1 teaspoon
- olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
For pizza topping :-
- Onion – 1 cut into square chunk pieces
- tomato – 1 cut into square pieces
- green /yellow/ red capsicum – 1 cut into square pieces
- green/black olives – 1/4 cup (cut into round pieces)
- Mayonnaise – as required to apply on the base
- Ketchup – as required to apply on the base
- mozzarella cheese – as required to sprinkle on the top
To prepare the chicken filling:-
- marinate chicken pieces with chilly powder, pepper powder , curd , ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder , salt and keep it ready.
- Heat oil , saute onion till soft . Add marinated chicken pieces and cook till just done. Add tomato ketchup , thai chilly sauce and oregano .Cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes. Add butter and remove from the flame.
To make pizza base dough :-
- Take a small beaker. Add yeast , sugar and 1/4 cup water. Let it rest for 10 minutes for yeast to activate. Now take a mixing bowl. Add all-purpose flour , olive oil , activated yeast and salt . Knead it into a dough with water. Let it rest for 1-2 hours. (just sprinkle oil on the dough and cover it).
- Now roll out the dough into desired size. (depending on the size, you can either make 1 large base or 2 medium base). make holes evenly on the base using fork
For baking in an oven :-
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
- On the pizza base , spread mayonnaise and ketchup. (you can use pizza sauce instead )
- Spread the chicken filling , add some freshly cut onion, capsicum, tomato , olives. Sprinkle oregano. Top it with mozarella cheese in such a way that it covers the entire topping well.
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes .
To cook on a stove top pan:-
- Take a thick bottom pan. Switch on the flame. Preheat the pan by covering it with the lid. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil .Cook one side of the pizza base for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now spread mayonnaise and ketchup very well on top of the pizza base.(you can also spread pizza sauce instead). Spread the chicken filling , add some freshly cut onion, capsicum, tomato , olives. Sprinkle oregano. Top it with mozarella cheese in such a way that it covers the entire topping well.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts .
Click me for more pasta/ noodles/pizza recipes at b2d!