It is a nutritious and tasty curry flavored with spices. The richness of coconut milk gives it a unique taste. The curry goes well with rice , roti, dosa , puttu etc
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- moongdal – 1 cup
- onion – 1 small (chopped)
- tomato – 1/2 small (chopped)
- green chilly – 2 ( or according to your spice level)
- Red Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- fennel powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coconut milk – 1/4 cup
- mustard seeds , curry leaves – to crackle
- salt, oil
- coriander leaves – to garnish
Step 1: In A pressure cooker, put moongdal ,onion, tomato ,green chilly, chilly powder, coriander powder , turmeric powder , garam masala powder , fennel powder ,salt and water. Pressure cook it for about 4-5 whistles.
Step 2: Open the cooker once the pressure settles down . Heat it, add coconut milk. Let it boil. Remove from heat.
Step 3: In a small pan,add oil. crackle mustard seeds . put curry leaves. pour this to the above gravy .
Step 4: Garnish with coriander leaves
Click me for more veg curry recipes at b2d!