It is a nutritious and tasty curry flavored with spices. The richness of coconut milk gives it a unique taste. The curry goes well with rice , roti, dosa , puttu etc
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Moong bean – 1 cup
- onion – 1 small (chopped)
- tomato – 1/2 small (chopped)
- green chilly – 2 ( or according to your spice level)
- Red Chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- fennel powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- coconut milk – 1/4 cup
- mustard seeds , curry leaves – to crackle
- salt, oil
- coriander leaves – to garnish
Step 1: In A pressure cooker, put moong bean ,onion, tomato ,green chilly, chilly powder, coriander powder , turmeric powder , garam masala powder , fennel powder ,salt and water. Pressure cook it for about 4-5 whistles.
Step 2: Open the cooker once the pressure settles down . Heat it, add coconut milk. Let it boil. Remove from heat.
Step 3: In a small pan,add oil. crackle mustard seeds . put curry leaves. pour this to the above gravy .
Step 4: Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with plain rice, puttu, dosa etc.
Add some green leaves like Spinach or Amaranth leaves to make this curry richer in nutrition as well as taste.
Add cleaned and chopped leaves to the cooked green grams ( after step 1) cook for 5 minutes and continue with step 2.
Click me for more veg curry recipes at b2d!