This salad recipe is refreshing and delicious. Adding chopped cucumber, onion , lettuce and pomegranate makes it crispy. This salad is best for lunch, dinner and picnics too. Its a vegan, gluten free recipe!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes ( to cook quinoa)
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Cucumber – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Parsley/ coriander leaves – few, finely chopped
- Pomegranate – half,
- Lettuce – few, finely chopped ( optional )
- Boiled chick peas – 1/2 cup ( optional)
For dressing :
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- Lemon – 1
- Pepper – 1 tablespoon, freshly ground
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Wash and rinse the quinoa. In a saucepan, add quinoa and 2 cups water. Bring the mixture to boil over medium- high heat. Then cover and cook on low heat , until the quinoa absorbs all water, around 15 minutes. switch off the flame. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile, In a large bowl, add chopped onions, cucumber, parsley, lettuce, pomegranate.
- In a small bowl, add oil, pepper, salt and lemon juice. Whisk together. dressing is ready.
- When the quinoa cools down, add it to the large bowl. Drizzle the dressing to this mixture and toss well. Let the salad rest for 5 to 10 minutes to get the best results.
- You can also cook and keep the quinoa beforehand.
- This salad can be refrigerated for couple of days. Serve it cold or at room temperature.
Also check other Salad recipes like