Here is the one pot mushroom soup recipe. Its a simple creamy soup which requires countable ingredients along with mushrooms. Its great to serve alone or before main course. Do try this for your next get together or party.
Adding cream makes the soup very smooth and creamy. You can avoid adding cream. It will still taste delicious.
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 3-4 servings
- Mushrooms – 10-12, thinly sliced or chopped
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 , small sized, finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Wheat flour/ all purpose flour – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 2 cups
- Milk – 2 cups
- Cream – 2 tablespoons
- Parsley / coriander leaves- few , finely chopped
- Crushed pepper – 1 tablespoon or as per taste
- Salt – as per taste
- Heat butter in a deep pan, add chopped onions and garlic , saute till translucent.
- Next add chopped mushrooms, saute till they shrink. If they leave water then let it get dried.
- Then add wheat flour and saute well for 2- 3 minutes on low heat.
- Then add water. You can add vegetable/ chicken stock too instead of water. Let it boil.
- Next add milk and lower the flame. Let it simmer for 4- 5 minutes.
- Then add salt, pepper. Mix well.
- Take half of mushrooms and blend it to a paste and add back to the soup ( This step is optional. You can cook as it is. I personally liked the soup when half of mushroom was blended and added back to soup)
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add cream, give a good mix. Add parsley. Switch of the flame. Do not boil after adding cream.
Cream of mushroom soup is ready to serve.
Check out our other Soup recipes like