Dosa is a staple food in India. A crispy flat pancakes made using rice and black gram. I have already shared Dosa/idli batter recipe.
Give a twist to your regular dosa by adding beetroot to this batter for lovely color as well as better taste. Try this easy recipe and make your meal healthier.
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 5 medium dosa
Dosa batter – 2 cups
Beetroot – 1/2 cup, roughly chopped / grated
Green chilly – 1/2 ( avoid if kids don’t eat spicy)
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
- Grind the beetroot, green chilly, cumin seeds to a smooth paste without water.
- Add a tablespoon of batter while grinding if needed ( instead of water).
- Add this paste to the dosa batter. Add salt ( only if needed). Mix well.
- Pour batter on the hot pan and make dosa. Close the lid. Open lid when done.
- Apply some ghee on top. Flip the dosa and cook for another for 30 seconds.
Try our other Breakfast recipes like
- Instant Rava paniyaram
- Steamed rice dumplings
- Vegetable Poha
- Millet Dosa
- Mangalore buns|Banana poori|Banana buns
If you try our recipes, please tag us in instagram #b2d_plate. Have a lovely day.