Charmuri is a popular mangalore special street food made using puffed rice. It takes just 5 minutes to prepare this. And it has to be served immediately once its prepared. Otherwise the moisture in veggies will turn the puffed rice soggy and loose its crispiness. This is completely vegetarian.
Where as boiled charmuri is adding chopped boiled egg to the charmuri. It makes it really yummy.
Preparation time : 2 minutes for chopping
Cooking time : 10 minutes ( to boil egg )
Serves : 2 servings
- Puffed rice/ Kurlu – 2 cups
- Onion – 1/2 medium sized, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1/2 medium sized, finely chopped
- Carrot – little, grated
- Coriander leaves – few. finely chopped
- Lime – 1, juice extracted
- Roasted peanuts – 2 tablespoons
- Raw mango – 2 tablespoons. grated
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilly powder – 1 teaspoon , or as per your taste
- Boiled egg – 1 or 2
- In a bowl, add chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, carrots, salt, red chilly powder, lime juice, peanuts , raw mango and mix well.
- Then add boiled egg and give a gentle mix. ( Skip this step if preparing plain charmuri).
- Then add puffed rice, coconut oil and give a good mix.
Boiled charmuri is ready to serve.
We have other street food recipes too!
- Chilly Chana chaat
- Paneer Schezwan Frankie
- Vada pav / Mumbai street food vada pav
- Pav bhaji/ Mumbai street food pav bhaji