Who doesn’t love pizza! Kids or adults all crave for it.
In this recipe I have used store bought Arabic bread ( Pita) as pizza base, ketchup-mayo-chilli sauce mix instead of pizza sauce and eggplant is the main topping.
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4 servings
- Arabic bread – 4
- Big eggplant- 1
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Ketchup – 3 tablespoons
- Mayonnaise – 3 tablespoons
- Chilli sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Onion – 1, large, thinly sliced
- Parsley – few, finely chopped
- Mozzarella cheese – as per taste
- Oregano – 1 tablespoon
Fry the eggplant :
- Wash the eggplant and thinly slice them.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, place the sliced eggplant.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the slices.
- When the one side is lightly brown flip the slices. Sprinkle salt n pepper.
- Fry till other side is also lightly brown. Keep the fried eggplant slices aside.
Making pizza :
- In a bowl, add ketchup, mayonnaise , chilli sauce and mix well. Pizza sauce is ready. Instead you can use any pizza sauce of your choice.
- Apply the pizza sauce on the Arabic bread. Assemble the fried eggplant slices.
- Next, spread thinly sliced onions and chopped parsley.
- Spread cheese on top. Sprinkle some oregano too.
- Bake them in oven or in pan till cheese melts.
- Eggplant pizza is ready to eat.
You can replace the eggplant with mushrooms, paneer, even chicken. They all taste delicious.
We also have other pizza recipes like