This is our family favorite cake and a foolproof recipe I always follow. The very first time I prepared this cake, my elder one insisted me to always remember this recipe. Its so delicious. Do try this recipe and enjoy with your family.
Baking time : 50 minutes
- Pineapple – 10 slices canned and drained
- Eggs – 2, large
- Butter – 150 gms, melted
- Sugar – 3/4 th cup
- Condensed milk – 1 tin or 397 g
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pineapple flavor essence – 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon zest – of one small piece
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Grease a 25 cm round cake tin with butter and flour or place a wax paper on the cake tin.
- Place 6 pineapple slices on the bottom.
- Puree the other 4 pieces of pineapple in a blender .
- In a large bowl add butter, sugar and whisk well until sugar is dissolved.
- Then add eggs, pineapple puree and whisk well.
- Add condensed milk, mix well.
- Then add flour, baking powder, pineapple essence, lemon zest and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake the cake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 50 minutes or until skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Pineapple upside down cake is ready 🙂