A simple stuffed paratha recipe with just chicken. This recipe is bland with just salt and pepper for the seasoning, but you can add spices of your choice and some cheese too. This one I prepare for my kids’ lunch box or snack time. I usually keep a chicken piece from the curry or dry and use for this paratha. However, you can boil the chicken just for this purpose and continue with the recipe.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
For paratha dough :
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Water – as needed
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
For stuffing :
- Chicken – 3 pieces ( boneless or bone in )
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
Cook the chicken:
- In a cooker or pan, keep chicken pieces, add salt n pepper and let it boil till cooked. In cooker 1 whistle is enough to cook the chicken.
- If you already have cooked chicken, then skip the step 1.
Prepare the filling for paratha :
- Remove the bones from cooked chicken and shred the boneless chicken in a blender for 2 seconds pulse twice. Don’t blend more because the chicken pieces will turn into paste.
- At this stage you can add any spices of your choice , finley chopped onions and coriander leaves to make it more flavorful.
Knead the dough :
- In a large bowl, add wheat flour, salt. Knead the dough for chapati/paratha by adding enough water.
- Apply a teaspoon of oil on the dough at the end and keep aside.
Make paratha :
- Make small balls of dough, roll into small chapati, keep a tablespoon of shredded chicken in between, fold and roll it like paratha.
- Cook them on the pan just like chapati till both sides are cooked well.
Apply some ghee on top of the paratha and serve with yoghurt or ketchup.
Also have a look at our other paratha recipes like