Creamy mixed sauce pasta, a combination of white sauce & red sauce pasta. The mixture of both sauces along with cheese, makes it a best creamy pasta ever. Here I have added chicken and frozen peas , however you can add more veggies or make it just plain.
Usually white sauce and red sauce are prepared in different pans and mixed at the end. But here I made this in one pan only! I cooked chicken in red sauce and moved it to the sides of the pan, making space in the centre of the pan and prepared white sauce. This did not result in any lumps.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 – 15 minutes
Serves : 4
- Pasta of your choice – 2 cups
- Chicken – 200 gms, boneless, chop into small chunks.
- Butter – 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves , finely chopped
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Tomato paste – 4 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1 tsp or more
- Chilly flakes – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour – 2 teaspoons
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Cream – 1/4 cup
At the end :
- Mozzarella cheese – as required
- Chilly flakes, oregano – to sprinkle on top
- Parsley leaves – to garnish, finely chopped
- Boil the pasta in enough water, drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Then add chopped onions, saute till they turn translucent.
- Then add toamto paste and mix well.
- Let it cook till oil oozes out.
- Then add chicken chunks, salt, pepper, mix well and close the lid.
- Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes or untill chicken is well cooked.
- Move the chicken along with sauce to the sides of the pan and make space in the centre of pan.
- Add 2 tbsp butter in the centre, when it melts, add all purpose flour and saute for 2-3 minutes on low flame till you get nice aroma.
- Then mix it with chicken sauce.
- Add milk, cream and mix well.
- Add boiled pasta, mix well.
- Add cheese, close the lid and let the cheese melt.
- Mix the pasta.
Garnish it with parsley leaves, chilli flakes , oregano and serve hot.
Also have a look at our other pasta recipes like