Burnt garlic rice is an indo chinese rice with more of garlic flavor. You can add veggies like carrots, beans, capsicum and spring onions to this too. However I have made it simple as just garlic, onion and parsley leaves to get the most of garlic flavor. If you have cooked rice then this dish can be prepared within 5 minutes.
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Serves : 2
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic – 6 cloves, finely chopped
- Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
- Soya sauce – 2 teaspoons
- Chilli sauce – 2 teaspoons
- Vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Parsley / spring onions – a handful, finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and saute them till they turn brown.
- Then add onion and saute till they turn translucent.
- Next add soya sauce, vinegar and chili sauce. mix well.
- Then add cooked rice, salt and pepper. mix well.
- Add parsley leaves and toss well.
- Burnt garlic rice is ready to serve.
Serve the burnt garlic rice with Dynamite prawns.
You may also like our other Indo chinese recipes such as