Dynamite prawns/ shrimp is a delicious appetizer. And one of the best seafood starters you can add in your menu. The spicy sauce made with sriracha sauce is what makes this taste extraordinary.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 – 10 minutes
- Prawns – 1/2 kg, cleaned and deveined.
- Egg – 2
- Salt – a pinch
- Soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
For frying :
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cornflour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – for frying
For dynamite sauce :
- Mayonnaise – 4 tablespoons
- Hot sauce/ sriracha sauce – 2 tablespoons or more
- Sweet chilli sauce – 1 tablespoon
- In a bowl, add egg, salt, pepper, soya sauce and mix well.
- Marinate the prawns in this.
- In another bowl take cornflour, all purpose flour , salt and black pepper. Mix well. (add half a teapoon of chilly powder for spicy prawns)
- Coat the marinated prawns in this and keep aside.
- Fry the prawns on both sides and keep aside.
- Prepare dynamite sauce by adding mayo, hot sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl.
- Add the fried prawns in to it and coat well.
- Dynamite prawns are ready to serve.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onion or parsley leaves over them.
Serve these delicious starter on lettuce with burnt garlic rice or any other main course. Enjoy with family.
Have a look at our other Starter recipes !