Dynamite prawns is a delicious creamy sweet hot starter. One of the best seafood starters you can add in your menu. Fried prawns are mixed in mayo hot sauce. Its very easy to prepare and it gets finished in a jiffy! Prawns cook faster so its a quick recipe too.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 – 10 minutes
- Prawns – 1/2 kg, cleaned and deveined.
- Egg – 2
- Salt – a pinch
- Soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
For frying :
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cornflour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – for frying
For dynamite sauce :
- Mayonnaise – 4 tablespoons
- Hot sauce/ sriracha sauce – 2 tablespoons or more
- Sweet chilli sauce – 1 tablespoon
- In a bowl, add egg, salt, pepper, soya sauce and mix well.
- Marinate the prawns in this.
- In another bowl take cornflour, all purpose flour , salt and black pepper. Mix well. (add half a teapoon of chilly powder for spicy prawns)
- Coat the marinated prawns in this and keep aside.
- Fry the prawns on both sides and keep aside.
- Prepare dynamite sauce by adding mayo, hot sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl.
- Add the fried prawns in to it and coat well.
- Dynamite prawns is ready to serve.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onion or parsley leaves over them.
Serve these delicious starter on lettuce with burnt garlic rice or any other main course. Enjoy with family.
Have a look at our other Starter recipes !