Squid masala fry is a spicy seafood delicacy.It is a very delicious masala fry in which the squid is marinated in spices ,cooked and then stir fried. It goes well as a side dish for rice.
You may also like –
Squid masala fry :-
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
For marination :
- Squid – 500 gms
- red chilly powder – 2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- salt – to taste
For masala :
- onion – 1 small
- tomato – 1 small
- ginger – garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- green chilly – 1 (optional)
- curry leaves – a sprig
- crushed garlic – 2 cloves
- oil – 2 tablespoon
- Clean the squid well and cut it into rings. Marinate it with the ingredients mentioned under marination.
- Transfer the marinated squid to a pressure cooker. Add finely chopped onions and tomato , ginger-garlic paste and green chilly(optional) to the cooker. Switch on the flame and pressure cook for upto 1 whistle (do not add water)
- Once the pressure settles, open the cooker .Transfer the squid masala to a pan.
- Switch on the flame and cook until water dries up completely .
- Finally, add oil , curry leaves and hand – crushed garlic. Keep stirring. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes on medium-high flame.
Serve it hot with rice ,dosa or roti
Also, Check out our other sea food delicacies –