Chicken Pilaf is a simple rice dish cooked with chicken ,broth and spices. It makes a simple,comforting lunch or dinner meal as it does not require any accompaniment . Nevertheless , you may have it with raita or pickle.
You may also like –
Chicken Pilaf :-
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Chicken – 500gms
- onion – 1 large
- green chilly – 2
- Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
- lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- ginger-garlic paste – 2 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- pepper powder – 1 tsp
- cinnamon – 1/2 inch stick
- clove – 4
- cardamom – 4
- milk – 2 tbsp
- chicken stock cube – 1
- ghee – 1/3 cup
- mint leaves – 1/2 cup
- coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- wash and soak Basmati Rice for 45 minutes
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Marinate it with yoghurt , ginger-garlic paste, red chilly powder, lemon juice and salt for an hour.
- Now heat ghee in a pan. Add cinnamon, clove and cardamom . Add onion and green chilly, and saute on medium heat.
- Separate as much marinade as possible from the chicken pieces . Now transfer these chicken pieces into the pan and toss well. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.Add pepper and turmeric powders.Add the leftover marinade and milk now.
- Add drained basmati rice and stir for 3-4 minutes. Also add mint and coriander leaves.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, boil 3 cups of water and mix a chicken stock cube into it. Pour this to the rice-chicken mixture.
- Keep it on high flame until water starts to boil. Now close the pan and cook in low flame for 10 -12 minutes.
Chicken Pilaf is ready ! Enjoy the meal with your loved ones !
Check out our collection of Biriyani/ pulao recipes!