Paratha pockets stuffed with mouth watering chicken filling and mozzarella cheese – chicken n cheese paratha pocket is a must try recipe. It can be served for breakfast , lunch , dinner meals. It can also be easily packed in lunch boxes too!
You may also like –
Chicken n cheese paratha pocket :-
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese – 1.5 – 2 cups
For chicken Filling :
- chicken breast – 500 gm
- onion – 2 (chopped)
- ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- green chilli – 2(chopped)
- red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1.5 teaspoon
- jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
For paratha dough-
- Wheat flour (atta) – 1.5 cups
- all purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- sugar – 1.5 teaspoon
- milk – 3/4 cup
Prepare the chicken filling –
- wash and clean the chicken breast. Cut it into small bite size cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion till soft.(don’t let the color change). Add ginger-garlic paste. Add chicken pieces and mix well.Add green chilies and saute for a minute.Add salt and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder , coriander powder and jeera powder. Combine well. Add 1/2 cup water and cook till the chicken is done. Let the water drain completely . Remove from heat.
Prepare the dough –
- Transfer all the ingredients mentioned under the dough to a mixing bowl. Mix well. Now add required water and knead it into a soft dough.
- pour a teaspoon of oil on top. Wipe it gently. Let it rest for half an hour
Prepare the chicken n cheese paratha pocket –
Step 1:Make lemon sized balls of the prepared dough. Flatten it to a medium size roti
Step 2 :Place cheese, chicken filling and cheese (again on top of the filling) in the middle .
Step 3: Then fold from all the four sides
Step 4 :Flatten the paratha pocket lightly
Step 5 :Cook in a hot tawa by putting ghee until the paratha pockets turn golden brown on both the sides. Cut it into half (in the shape of triangle ) and serve it hot with Khatti Meethi Raw Mango Chutney
Also check our blog for other paratha recipes –