Here is another addition to our cake recipes list 🙂
Blueberry cakes are sweet n tangy in taste. The tangy taste is from blueberries as well as lime juice used in this recipe. I have used fresh blueberries in this recipe. You can replace it with frozen berries too.
The recipe courtesy goes to my dear friend Rubeena, who is an expert in baking cakes as well. Thanks a lot Rubz 🙂
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Baking time : 40 minutes
- Butter – 100 gms, softened
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Buttermilk – 1/2 cup
- Lemon zest – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – of 1 large
- Blueberries – a handful
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C .
- Grease the cake tin with butter, dust it with all purpose flour.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter till creamy (takes 1 minute).
- Next add sugar and beat till creamy. ( takes 2- 3 minutes).
- Next add eggs and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Then add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Then add all purpose flour, salt, baking powder and beat til well combined ( 10 seconds )
- Then add buttermilk, lemon juice , lemon zest ( of same lemon) and beat for another 5 seconds just until combined.
- In a plate keep the blueberries. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of flour on the blueberries and dust them slightly by rolling on the plate.
- Then add blueberries and mix gently with spatula. ( do not beat)
- Pour the batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Sweet and tangy blueberry cake is ready to serve.
You can bake it in cake pan, loaf tin, cupcake pan too.
Cake would take 40 – 50 minutes , loaf cake would take 25 – 30 minutes and cupcakes would take 15 – 20 minutes for baking.
You may also like