Vegetable kurma, populary known as veg kurma is a simple mixed vegetable curry with coconut masala. Its an easy and quick recipe too. It can be served with chapati, poori, dosa or rice. We also have recipe for malabar mixed veg curry Vegetable stew.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Whole garam masala – 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick
- Onion – 1, medium , finely chopped
- Tomato – 1, medium , chopped
- Green peas – handful
- Potato – 1 , small , chopped
- Carrots – 1 , chopped
- French beans – few , chopped
- Cauliflower – few florets
- Jeera powder – 1/4 th teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 th teaspoon
- Lime – 1
For coconut masala :
- Coconut – 1 cup , freshly grated
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Green chilly – 4 -5
- Heat water in a vessel, add a pinch of turmeric powder. Soak the cauliflower florets in the hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
Prepare the coconut masala :
- Add all ingredients listed under masala into a blender and make a fine smooth paste by adding water.
Prepare kurma :
- Heat a kadai , add 2 tablespoon of ghee/ oil , add whole gram masala and saute for few seconds.
- Next add onion and saute till translucent.
- Then add tomato and saute till soft.
- Next add all veggies , salt and mix. Close the lid.
- Let the vegetables cook for 10 minutes or till done.
- Then add garam masala powder, jeera powder , coconut masala and mix gently.
- Rinse the blender with enough water and add to the curry to get the consistency.
- Let it boil well for 3 – 4 minutes on medium – low flame.
- Switch off the flame. Add lime juice. miX gently.
Veg kurma is ready to serve.
Check out our other vegetarian curry recipes like
If you try our recipes then please like and leave a comment 🙂