Ney pathiri or rice poori is one of the most popular malabar dish prepared with rice. It is especially prepared during special occasions like eid, marriage functions etc. This rice poori goes very well with any non veg curry.
Check the blog for non veg curry recipes like
Ney Pathiri :-
Preparation time : 4 hours of soaking
Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Parboiled rice – 1/2 cup
- White rice ( dosa rice) -1/2 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1/2 small
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds -1/2 teaspoons
- Salt – to taste
- Soak parboiled rice and white rice separately for 4 hours.
- Wash and drain them. Grind the parboiled rice separately to a course paste by adding little water. Transfer it to a bowl.
- To the same jar add white rice , onion, fennel seeds , coconut and grind to a thick course paste by adding water.
- Add rice flour / maida / rava (semolina) and knead, just enough to make a soft dough. Make small balls.(little bigger than poori)
- Make small balls (little bigger than poori) . flatten it out into breads like poori using pathir press.
- Deep fry them on hot oil till light brown.
Ney Pathiri is ready! Serve it hot with your favorite curry !
We also have recipe for ney pathiri using puttu powder, which takes just 5 minutes of prep time. Have a look at our Instant ney pathiri recipe.
You may also like –