Stuffed Idli is a delicious variation to normal idlis. If you are bored of having the same old idli again and again, then give this recipe a try. I have used veg stuffing in this recipe. I am also planning to use chicken, fish in my stuffing. I will be trying and uploading the recipes soon (in shaa Allah). I have noticed that mostly, aloo (potato ) is used for masala filling in stuffed idli. I wanted to try something different. So I used carrot and capsicum . It was really yummy.
You may also like our other idli recipes –
Stuffed Idli :-
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
- Idli/Dosa batter – 3 cups
- vegetable – carrot and capsicum -1 cup (finely chopped)
- onion – 1
- red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- salt to taste
- mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- urid dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves – 3-4 (finely chopped)
Prepare the Stuffing :
- heat oil in a kadai. Crackle mustard seeds. Add urid dal and curry leaves. After a while, add onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add veggies. Sprinkle required salt and stir fry for 2 minutes in medium flame. Add chilli and turmeric powders. Remove from flame.
Prepare the stuffed idli :
- grease the idli mould. Pour a little idli batter onto each mould. Then place a spoonful of the prepared masala . Again pour a little batter on top . (Ensure to cover the masala well with the batter.)
- Steam cook it for about 15- 20 minutes .
- Let it cool. remove idlis from the mould and serve it hot with your favorite chutney
Check out our other breakfast recipes –