Paneer paratha is a popular north Indian wheat bread with cottage cheese stuffing ( paneer). This delicious paneer paratha is easy to prepare and ideal for breakfast, lunch and even dinner.
We have a collection of paratha recipes such as
Paneer is important part of the Indian cuisine. It is very nourishing, healthy and a good choice of vegetarian protein.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 10 – 15 minutes
Serves : 6 -8 medium parathas
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon or more
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin(jeera) powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat masala/ dry mango powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – to taste
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Water – as required for kneading
Prepare paratha/ chapati dough :
- In a large bowl add wheat flour, salt and enough water to knead the dough.
- Make a smooth dough , apply a teaspoon of oil over the dough and keep aside.
Prepare the paneer stuffing :
- In an another bowl, crumble the paneer.
- Then add red chilly powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, chat masala/ dry mango powder, salt and mix well .(You can add finely chopped green chilly and coriander leaves too to the paneer stuffing).
- Keep the paneer stuffing aside.
- Take small ball out of dough, roll a small chapati.
- Place a tablespoon of paneer stuffing in the centre.
- Take the edges and pleat it towards the centre, pinch the little extra dough at the centre and press.
- Next, sprinkle some flour and roll it like chapati.
- Heat a tawa/ pan , place the rolled paratha and fry both the sides till cooked/ golden brown.
- Apply ghee over the paratha while flipping the sides.
- Paneer paratha is ready.
Serve the hot paneer paratha with plain curd and pickle.
Check out our other paneer recipes like