Another addition to our pancake recipes is here. Pumpkin pancakes are a very delicious and nutritious pancakes you can prepare for breakfast as well as snack time. The pumpkin chunks are cooked and pureed and added to the wheat flour pancake batter. A pinch of cinnamon gives a distinct flavor to this delicious pancakes.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Pumpkin – 1 small piece just enough of make 1/2 cup puree.
- Egg – 1
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
- Butter – for frying
- In a cooker/ pot, add the pumpkin chunks, cook for 1 whistle, let it cool and then make puree and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and then add pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Next add all other ingredients except butter.
- Mix well to form a smooth lump free batter.
- Add little bit of milk if needed to get the proper consistency.
- Heat a pan, grease little butter and pour the pancake batter. Close the lid.
- Cook the pancakes on both sides.
- Pumpkin pancakes are ready to serve.
Serve the hot pumpkin pancakes with banana slices, walnuts and honey.
You may also like our Banana pancake recipe as it is also made using whole wheat flour which is similar to pumpkin pancake.