Winter is here and soups gets the preference on cozy weekends. Here is the simple recipe of chicken sweetcorn soup. I add veggies like carrots, beans to the soup. Its optional.
Cooking time : 15 minutes.
- Chicken – 100 gms, bone – in
- Onion – 1, small, finely chopped]
- Carrots – 1/2, finely chopped
- French beans – 3, finely chopped
- Sweet corn – 1 cup
- Pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Chicken stock – 1 cube
- Salt – to taste ( only if needed at the end)
- Corn flour – 2 tablespoons
- Spring onion leaves – few, chopped for garnish
- Wah and clean the chicken.
- Add chicken, onions, carrots, french beans, sweetcorn, chicken stock cube, 3 cups of water in a soup pot and cook till done.
- If using cooker, cook for 2 whistles on high flame. Open the lid when pressure is settled.
- Remove the chicken , shred it by hand and discard the bone. Add the shredded chicken back to the soup.
- Remove half amount of sweetcorn from the soup, coarsely grind them and put it back to the soup. This step is optional. however you can keep the sweetcorn as it is.
- Boil the soup, add water according to your consistency.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1/4 cup of water, add to the soup and stir well.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, pepper and stir.
- Check for salt and add if needed.
- Garnish it with spring onions leaves.
Chicken sweetcorn soup is ready to serve.
Note : When the soup is boiling , you can egg white while stirring contionously.
Check out our other soup recipes