Here goes the recipe of a very simple and tasty baingan masala that can be mopped with roti as well as rice. Brinjal is first marinated with red chilly paste and then cooked with basic ingredients in a pressure cooker. Try it out!
You may also like these recipes of baingan / brinjal
Brinjal / Baingan masala :-
- Brinjal – 4 medium
- onion – 1 medium
- tomato – 1 small
- ginger – 1/4 inch , finely chopped
- garlic – 2 cloves , finely chopped
- green chilly – 1
- capsicum – 1/4
- jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- mustard -1 teaspoon
- curry leaves – a few
- red chilly powder – 1-2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- vinegar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cut the brinjal into 4 pieces . Marinate it with red chilly powder , turmeric powder , vinegar and salt. Apply it to the inner parts well. keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pressure cooker. Put mustard seeds and jeera. Let it crackle. Then add finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilly. When its raw smell goes, add curry leaves. After a while, add in chopped onion .Saute until it turns translucent. Add chopped tomato and cook till it turns soft.
- Then place the marinated brinjal in the cooker.Also add in chunk cut pieces of capsicum. Add 1/4 cup of water. Give it a quick mix. Close the lid. Cook on medium flame for about 3-4 whistle.
- Switch off the flame. Let the pressure settle. Open the cooker. Mix it well again. Serve it hot with rice or roti
Have a look at some of the rice / roti recipes